Before selling your Rolex watch do a survey the market that will fetch more money than a new watch. You need to sell your watch in the right place so that you can good value for your watch. There are things you must know before selling your watch. The value of Rolex watches has been increasing due to the demand of the watch on the market.
Before selling your watch to the market, check that you have the following so that you can sell smoothly selling.
Before selling your Rolex watch make sure you have the following:
- Get the watch reference number.
- Get your watch serial number
- Get ready the original box and papers
- Do market survey so as to know the best secondhand retail for your watch.
- Have a good picture of your watch
- Get a reputable luxury watches dealer with the expertise you’re looking for.
- Don’t make public your watches serial number
- Get the condition of watch analyzed
- Get a quotation prior to the sale.
- Arrange for your watch security.
1. Get the watch reference number
Your watch reference number can be gotten on the watch case. If you have papers then you will get this number there. If you will have to remove the bracelet to have access to the number between the lugs 12 o’clock side of the case.
2. Get your watch serial number
You can also find the serial number on both the papers and the watch after removing the bracelet. If you lost your papers, you will get this number on the watch’s case after removing the bracelet. The place that you will get the serial number will depend on the age of the watch. Watches made before 2005 will have their serial numbers between the lugs on the opposite side of the case at 6 o’clock. Watches before 2005 have their serial numbers on the engraved rehaut dial with the trademark engraved ROLEX at 6 o’clock position.
3. Get ready the original box and papers
For the watch to fetch more money, you will have to provide the original box, warranty card, receipt and service history. The box will not only get you good money for your watch but also assure the buyer that the watch is original and has been taken care of well.
If you lost your papers and the original box, then you will sell your watch at a reduced price. This will be after the watches authenticity has been ascertained.
4. Do market survey so as to know the best secondhand retail for your watch.
You will need to do a market survey to get an understanding of retail and resell prices. Resell prices fetch low value for the watch. This is because if the watch has an even slight defect, the repair will first be made. Some rare watch fetches higher value even as secondhand watches.
5. Have a good picture of your watch
Take high-resolution photos for your watch. Take photos of the box, warranty card, and other papers. These will assure the buy of the condition of the watch. Make sure you take front and side photos.
6. Get a reputable luxury watches dealer with the expertise you’re looking for.
You will need the best outlet where you can sell your watch. This is the most important decision you make. However, whatever outlet you choose, it has its own pros and cons. These the most common outlets to sell your watch.
- Online sites: The online site will take a longer time for you to get your benefits. You will also not have the advantage of a watch expert.
- Craigslist: If you require this method, you will require to arrange for your security as you will be unsecured to meet with a total stranger while carrying your expensive Rolex watch.
- Pawnshops: The pawnshops most times have no expert on luxury watches and tend to pay a low price as they are resellers to specialised dealers.
7. Don’t make public your watches serial number
Don’t make your serial number public. Even if a potential customer asks to see the number. Because of making counterfeit watches in the market, your serial may be used to authenticate a counterfeit watch. Note that every Rolex watch uses individual-specific number.
8. Get the condition of watch analysed
You will need your watch’s condition analysed by an expert. This will form the basis of negotiating the price. If you watch is old but has never been worn, then this will be classified as NOS (New Old Stock). These watches fetch a lot of money. Their condition is new since they have never been worn.
If you watch has any part been replaced, then the value will go down. Original items like bands and dials will fetch more money.
Additionally, if any of the watch’s components have been replaced, the value will likely go down. Original watch bands and dials will usually offer more cash.
9. Get a quotation prior to the sale.
Some online retail will require you to fill a form in advance then they give you an offer. This offer will determine if you will sell to them or not. This method of selling allows ascertaining the value of the watch before selling.
10. Arrange for your watch security.
The moment you decide to sell your watch, it is a good idea to arrange for security because as you will deal with a lot of people, you might not know the honest or dishonest once. If you’re dealing with online dealers don’t accept to send your watch before they send you a pre-paid and insured shipping label for the full amount of the agreed selling price. This will cover anything that can happen while the watch is on transit.
With this information, you can now get out and sell your Rolex watch with confidence. You have the knowledge to get the best offer for your watch.